The Indicators: Measuring Community Impact
The dashboard below is distilled from the extensive research and in-depth interviews in The Anchor Dashboard and Achieving the Anchor Promise reports.
Delve in to each sector and learn how an anchor institution's progress toward strategic community development goals can be measured through key indicators, on The Democracy Collaborative's website: http://community-wealth.org/indicators
After consulting with to each of the participating universities and making visits to their campuses, The Democracy Collaborative revised and updated the Dashboard.
The final, revised and agreed upon, dashboard that cohort participants are working off of is as follows:
Take Action: Policy Briefs
The below series of two-page policy briefs outlines best practices for how anchor institutions can meet their goals in lifting up their communities, in the following ways:
- Locally targeted and inclusive hiring practices that promote equity
- Investing institutional endowment dollars for community development
- Local school partnerships that create healthy communities
- Supporting local business development to build wealth
- Real estate development that builds place and stimulates economic revitalization
- Stimulating economic growth through local purchasing
- Building capacity and developing leadership to foster self-sufficiency
- Environmentally sustainable practices to achieve community development goals.